A childcare centre has been proposed to be built within Brisbane's tallest residential tower. Skytower is a 274-metre-high tower at 222 Margaret Street that will house more than 1100 apartments. The proposed centre would have a total floor space of 1010 square metres and include outdoor areas. Based on an area this size, the centre would be able to accommodate 99 children and about 18 staff members.
- Joey's Cottage PreschoolChipping Norton, NSW (2170)
- Lizzards Preschool & Long Day CareHawkesbury Heights, NSW (2777)
- The Hangout Outside Of School Hours Care - YappingTapping, WA (6065)
- Giggles Day Care CentreCooloongup, WA (6168)
- Kidikingdom Child Care - SpringfieldSpringfield, QLD (4300)
- Crestwood Child Care CentreMolendinar, QLD (4214)
- Capalaba Child Care and Early Education CentreCapalaba, QLD (4157)
- Springfield Child Care and Early Education CentreSpringfield, QLD (4300)
- Karana Early Education CentreKarana Downs, QLD (4306)
- Wollongong Cottage KindergartenWollongong, NSW (2500)
- Bumble Bees Early Learning Centre Pty Ltd - HornsbyHornsby, NSW (2077)
- Kidikingdom Child Care - CoomeraUpper Coomera, QLD (4209)
- Wind In The Willows Child Care CentreKingsford, NSW (2032)
- Yeladim Early Learning CentreVaucluse, NSW (2030)
- Bronte Kids PreschoolBronte, NSW (2024)
Childcare Services, Nationwide
- New South Wales
- Regional New South Wales
- Newcastle and Lake Macquarie
- Central Coast
- Hunter Valley
- Mid North Coast
- Central West
- Northern Rivers
- Southern Tablelands
- Hastings Macleay
- Tweed Valley
- Western Plains
- Southern Highlands
- North West Slopes
- Southern Coast
- New England
- Barwon River
- Snowy Mountains
- NSW Outback
- Barrier Range
- Northern Territory
- Brisbane and South East Queensland
- Regional Queensland
- South Australia
- Regional Victoria
- Western Australia
Latest Childcare News
A council in Sydney is launching an Australian-first initiative, giving free childcare to asylum seeker and refugee families, one place per day at three council-run centres. Asylum seekers are unable to access the federal childcare subsidy until their asylum applications are approved.
More than 100 Queensland childcare centres will shut their doors on Wednesday as workers walk off the job to fight for higher wages. Early childhood union United Voice says 7000 staff nationwide will walk out in protest over the sector's "wage crisis."
The lion's share of Go Kindy centres are to be sold to UK operator Busy Bees in a multi-million-dollar deal.
It was a calculated leap of faith for Smithfield Property Group to turn its attention to the childcare sector. And two years down the track the move from suburban residential projects to childcare centre development is paying big dividends.
Reports from childcare workers over potential child abuse have increased more than 20 per as carers embrace Mason's Law even before it is officially enforced from July 1.
Almost 500 Queensland childcare services were found to have been operating in breach of the law or relevant regulations last year.
The Chinese billionaire owner of the Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas has sealed a $85 million deal to acquire Sparrow Early Learning, the operator of 24 centres across Queensland and Victoria.
The Federal Government is urging the New South Wales Government to do more to make the state's childcare centres compliant with the latest national standards introduced four years ago.
Former Australian of the Year Professor Fiona Stanley has urged the Federal Government to change its proposed child care package to better support Indigenous children. The University of Western Australia academic is worried the decision to move services into the mainstream funding system from 2018 will hurt vulnerable children.