More than 100 Queensland childcare centres will shut their doors on Wednesday as workers walk off the job to fight for higher wages. Early childhood union United Voice says 7000 staff nationwide will walk out in protest over the sector's "wage crisis."
- Mary Street Childcare CentreBlacktown, NSW (2148)
- Kidikingdom Child Care - SpringfieldSpringfield, QLD (4300)
- Strawberry Fields Cottage Child Care Centre KanwalKanwal, NSW (2259)
- Aurora Early Education RowvilleRowville, VIC (3178)
- Springfield Child Care and Early Education CentreSpringfield, QLD (4300)
- Karana Early Education CentreKarana Downs, QLD (4306)
- Capalaba Child Care and Early Education CentreCapalaba, QLD (4157)
- Kidikingdom Child Care - HillcrestHillcrest, QLD (4118)
- Castle Hill Montessori AcademyCastle Hill, NSW (2154)
- Condell Park Montessori AcademyCondell Park, NSW (2200)
- Greenacre Montessori AcademyGreenacre, NSW (2190)
- Wind In The Willows Child Care CentreKingsford, NSW (2032)
- Yeladim Early Learning CentreVaucluse, NSW (2030)
- Bronte Kids PreschoolBronte, NSW (2024)
- Joey's Cottage PreschoolChipping Norton, NSW (2170)
- Lizzards Preschool & Long Day CareHawkesbury Heights, NSW (2777)
- Shooting Stars Early Learning for LifeCranbourne North, VIC (3977)
- Kiddo's OSHC & Vacation CareEllenbrook, WA (6069)
- The Hangout Outside Of School Hours Care - YappingTapping, WA (6065)
- Giggles Day Care CentreCooloongup, WA (6168)
- Rainbows Early Learning CentreSingleton, NSW (2330)
- Pitt St KindyNorth Nowra, NSW (2541)
- Surfside KidzSurfside, NSW (2536)
- Boombalee KidzWollongong, NSW (2500)
- Kindisaurus CCCMascot, NSW (2020)
Childcare Services, Nationwide
- New South Wales
- Regional New South Wales
- Newcastle and Lake Macquarie
- Central Coast
- Mid North Coast
- Hunter Valley
- Central West
- Northern Rivers
- Southern Tablelands
- Hastings Macleay
- Western Plains
- Tweed Valley
- Southern Highlands
- North West Slopes
- Southern Coast
- New England
- Barwon River
- Snowy Mountains
- NSW Outback
- Barrier Range
- Northern Territory
- Brisbane and South East Queensland
- Regional Queensland
- South Australia
- Regional Victoria
- Western Australia
Latest Childcare News
The lion's share of Go Kindy centres are to be sold to UK operator Busy Bees in a multi-million-dollar deal.
It was a calculated leap of faith for Smithfield Property Group to turn its attention to the childcare sector. And two years down the track the move from suburban residential projects to childcare centre development is paying big dividends.
Reports from childcare workers over potential child abuse have increased more than 20 per as carers embrace Mason's Law even before it is officially enforced from July 1.
Almost 500 Queensland childcare services were found to have been operating in breach of the law or relevant regulations last year.
The Chinese billionaire owner of the Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas has sealed a $85 million deal to acquire Sparrow Early Learning, the operator of 24 centres across Queensland and Victoria.
The Federal Government is urging the New South Wales Government to do more to make the state's childcare centres compliant with the latest national standards introduced four years ago.
Former Australian of the Year Professor Fiona Stanley has urged the Federal Government to change its proposed child care package to better support Indigenous children. The University of Western Australia academic is worried the decision to move services into the mainstream funding system from 2018 will hurt vulnerable children.
Two men have been charged with fraud and another two have been questioned in a multi-million-dollar Australian Federal Police fraud investigation that has exposed gaping holes in Australia's childcare system.
Families battling to find childcare spots in inner-city Sydney will soon see some welcome relief, with four new childcare centres to open their doors by the end of the year. The City of Sydney has announced centres being built in Alexandria, Darlinghurst, Annandale and Green Square will be open by the end of the year, creating 294 new places.